HOW TO SUBMIT AN ESSAY TO “MA’AM”
You don’t have to be famous, cool or a scholar to submit to “MA’AM” - we want to hear real stories from real men about their personal experiences in speaking out against sexism, how they’ve seen it impact the women in their lives and even if they want to confess a past attitude.
You can write one paragraph or ten.
You can make a video or an illustration or photograph or a poem - or anything. No limits or restrictions. (Except 3-D, I just don’t have that technology.) :)
Here’s what to do:
1. Write it! (Make it!)
2. Email it (attach a word doc if you like but we prefer you cutting and pasting it into the body of an email) to MAAMsubmit at gmail.com
3. Please attach a picture of yourself if you like
4. Please indicate your Twitter handle and if you are okay with us using quotes from your essay for the MAAM Twitter account.
5. Please submit your first and last name if you want to. Feel free to provide any other information, links to your blog or your tumblr page.
6. All stories will be published within a week. (That’s for us to do not you.)
7. Give yourself a high five. You’re doing a good thing.
*Please note - if you present as a man or look like a men but identify outside of the gender binary - please let us know so that we don’t just make assumptions.